Suit Kumar Mishra is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of
Zoology, School of Applied Sciences, Centurion University of Technology and
Management, Bolangir campus, Odisha, India. He has completed his M. Sc. from
School of Life Sciences, Sambalpur University, Odisha and been awarded with
DST-INSPIRE fellowship (Govt. of India) for a period of five years to pursue
his doctoral research. He has about seven years of teaching and research
experience. His research area is focused on crop protection specifically on molecular
breeding in crop plants for various biotic stresses, and isolation and
characterization of bioactive compounds from medicinal plants showing efficacy
against microbial pathogens. He has good number of research publications in various
journals of national and international reputes including Annals of Applied
Biology (Wiley-Blackwell), Journal of Stored products research (Elsevier) and the Nucleus (Springer). He has rendered his
service as a reviewer to a number of national and international journals
including Caryologia, Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, and Current
Agriculture Research Journal. He is serving as a life member of the Indian
Society of Plant Breeders and also acting as an editorial board member of the
Indian Journal of Plant and Soil.
· Development of interspecific linkage map in pigeonpea.
· Molecular tagging and mapping of genes controlling bruchid resistance and SITLS in Cajanus cajan using SSR, CDDP and SCoT markers.
· Elucidation of molecular diversity and structure analysis in pigeonpea.
· In vitro propagation of inter-specific hybrid of pigeonpea and its characterization using DNA markers.
· Isolation and characterization of urinary tract infection causing bacterial strains from samples collected from local hospital.
· Screening and identification of medicinal plant revealing resistance against UTI causing bacteria.
· Isolation and purification of bioactive compounds from medicinal plant(s) showing efficacy against UTI causing pathogens (on-going).