Year Degree Discipline Institute
2019 Ph.D. Physics(Supervisor: Dr. Shyamal Chatterjee) Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT BBS).
I have completed my graduation in Bachelor of Science taking physics as an honors
subject in Banki Autonomous College, Cuttack. Then I completed my
Master’s in Physics with a specialization subject in Electronics from
Utkal University, Odisha
2018 September -Till date - Assistant Professor at Centurion University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi, Odisha.
2010 Aug - 2013 July - Lecturer in Synergy Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dhenkanal
2010 Jan - 2010 Aug - Guest Lecturer in Ravenshaw
Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) Government of India, June 2013.
Qualified Joint Entrance Screeining Test, (JEST) in 2011 (AIR Rank 72)
Junior Research Fellow at IIT Bhubaneswar, 2013
Research Publications :
1) Superior electrical conduction of a water repelling 3D interconnected nanonetwork formed by ion irradiation” Satyanarayan Dhal, Pritam Das, Manoj K Rajbhar, Wolfhard Möller, Sriparna Chatterjee, Niranjan Ramgir, and Shyamal Chatterjee*, Journal of Material Chemistry C, 6, (2018) 1951 – 1958.
1. “Discrete nanoparticle formation via nanowelded network using hydrogen titanate nanotubes as precursor”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Shyamal Chatterjee*, Stefan Facsko, Wolfhard Möller, Roman Böttger, Biswarup Satpati, Satchidananda Ratha, René Hübner, ACS Crystal Growth & Design, 17 (5) (2017) 2660.
2. “Superhydrophobic to hydrophilic transition of multi-walled carbon nanotubes induced by Na+ ion irradiation”, Pritam Das, Satyanarayan Dhal, 2. Sriparna Chatterjee, and 2. Shyamal Chatterjee*, Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, B , B 413 (2017) 31-36.
3. “Adhesive hydrophobicity of Cu2O nano-columnar array induced by nitrogen ion irradiation”, Satyanarayan Dhal, 3. Sriparna Chatterjee, 3. U Manju, 3. Lokesh C Tribedi, 3. K V Thulasiram, 3. W A Fernandez and 3. Shyamal Chatterjee*, Soft Matter, 11 (2015) 9211.
4. “Nano-welding and junction formation in hydrogen titanate nanowires by low- energy nitrogen ion irradiation”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Shyamal Chatterjee*, Subhrangsu Sarkar, Lokesh C Tribedi, Rudheer Bapat and Pushan Ayyub, Nanotechnology, 26 (2015) 235601.
5. “Effect of irradiation with argon ions on elastic scattering of spin-polarized electrons from W (110) surface”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Shyamal Chatterjee*, Sergey Samarin, James F. Williams, Franz Giebels, Herbert Gollisch and Roland Feder, Radiation Effects & Defects in Solids, 170 (2), (2015) 144.
6. “Welding of copper oxide nano-columns by ion irradiation: Transition from hydrophilic to hydrophobic surface”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Sriparna Chatterjee, and Shyamal Chatterjee, * AIP Conference Proceedings, 1832 (2017) 080091.
7. “Modification of ZnO nanowires induced by ion irradiation for device applications” Satyanarayan Dhal, Akshaya Behera and Shyamal Chatterjee*, Journal of Atomic, Molecular, Condensate and Nano Physics, 2 (2015) 85.
8. “Welding Technology at Nanoscale for Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems”, Satyanarayan Dhal and Shyamal Chatterjee*, Technical Annual 57th session, Institute of Engineers (India), 57, (2016), 57-61.
1. “Method of making titanate based superhydrophobic coating on metal/metal alloy surface using ion and/or electron irradiation.” Inventors: Shyamal Chatterjee*, Kisor K. Sahu, Satyanarayan Dhal, Anil Pathak, Shreeja Das, Soumyabrata Basak and and V. Sai Pranav; Patent Filed (Reference No. 201631040277, Application No. TEMP/E-1/39537/2016-KOL, Date: 24/11/2016).
2. “Nano welding for ceramics and insulators nanowire/ nanorods using hydrogen titanate nanostructure filler material and method of making same using ion and/or electron irradiation.” Inventors: Shyamal Chatterjee*, Satyanarayan Dhal, Kisor K. Sahu, Anil Pathak, and P.Das; Patent Filed (Reference No. N-0000244071, Application No. TEMP/E-1/5572/2017-KOL, Date: 16/02/2017).
1. “Formation of three-dimensional interconnected network of nanowires by ion irradiation”, Satyanarayan Dhal and Shyamal Chatterjee*, 19th International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators (REI-19), 2nd to 7th July 2017, Versailles, France, Page No:19.
2. “Signature of collective oscillation in the electron emission from C60 thin film upon irradiation of low energy Na+ ions”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Joydev De, Joydeep Bhattacharjee and Shyamal Chatterjee*, International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering and Characterizations (IBMEC 2018), IUAC, New Delhi, October 09 - October 12th, 2016, Poster Code: P-071.
3. “Slow ions: A tool for welding ceramic nanomaterials”, Satyanarayan Dhal, Pritam Das, Manoj K Rajbhar and Shyamal Chatterjee*, International Conference on Nanostructuring by Ion beams (ICNIB 2017), Devi Ahalya University, Indore, October 11-13, 2016, Page -O -156.
4. “Welding at nano dimension for device applications”, Satyanarayan Dhal and Shyamal Chatterjee*, International Conference of Young Researchers on Advanced Materials (IUMRS-ICYRAM 2016), IISC, Bangalore, December 11-15, 2016, Page 48, ABS-6-ICYRAM
5. “Welding of copper oxide nanocolumns by ion irradiation: Transition from hydrophilic to hydrophobic surface”, S. Dhal, Sriparna Chatterjee, Shyamal Chatterjee, 61st DAE Solid State Physics Symposium, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Poster Code: F-279, Page 205.
6. “Ion irradiation induced bending and joining of inorganic nanowires”, S. Dhal, and S. Chatterjee, International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering and Characterizations (IBMEC 2016), IUAC, New Delhi, September 28-October 1st, 2016, Poster Code: P-02, Page 57.
7. “Modifying the wettability of Cu2O nano-columnar array by nitrogen ion irradiation”, S. Dhal, and S. Chatterjee, 18th International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators (REI-18), 26th to 31st October 2015, Jaipur, India, Poster Code: P-14, Page No:67.
8. “Ion induced modification of nanostructured metal-oxides to enhance device performance”, A.K. Behera, S. Dhal and S. Chatterjee, International Conference on Emerging Materials: Characterization & Application (EMCA-2014), CGCRI, Kolkata, December 4-6, 2014, C20, ICEMCA2014-Abs85, Page 67.
9. “Modification of one-dimensional nanostructures induced by ion irradiation for device applications”, S. Dhal, A.K. Behera and S. Chatterjee*, 4th International conference on Current developments in atomic, molecular optical and nano physics with applications (CDAMOP-2015) March 11th - 14 th, 2015, Delhi, CDAMOP2015-A-187, 314.
Awards and Honours:
1. Ganesh Mishra Memorial Award from (Institute of Engineers (India)-2016
2. Best Poster Presentation Award in the International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering and Characterizations (IBMEC 2016), Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), New Delhi. – 2016
3. Financial support from IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) to attend the REI-19 international conference, held in Versailles, France, 2-7 July, 2017.
⦁ To explore ion irradiation technique for modifying the surface of semiconductor-based nanowire/ nanotubes
⦁ Development of reliable nanotube based high efficient nano electronic devices outside the proof of concept
⦁ Synthesis of complex nanoscale hybrid objects, modifications for high throughput nanoelectronics and biomedical applications
⦁ To create a synergetic platform by integrating ion solid interaction with nanostructured materials for potential and reliable applications
⦁ Growth, structural and optical characterization of one-dimensional nanostructures
⦁ Commissioning, installing and smoothly running the electron spectroscopy setup.
⦁ Exposure in ultra-high vacuum techniques such as handling various pumps, knowledge about vacuum chamber, flanges, gauges, leak detectors etc.
⦁ Fundamental knowledge and technical expertise in the field of ion-solid interaction.
⦁ Handling of different filament-based ion sources and electron sources.
⦁ Material Growth Techniques:
⦁ Hydrothermal Method
⦁ Sol-gel Method
⦁ Thermal evaporation Method
⦁ Materials Analysis Techniques
⦁ High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope
⦁ Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope
⦁ Micro-Raman & Photoluminescence Spectroscopes
⦁ X Ray Photo electron spectroscopy, Contact Angle Measurement, Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
1. 19th International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators (REI-19) held on 2nd to 7th July, 2017 at Versailles, France.
2. International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering and Characterizations (IBMEC 2018), IUAC, New Delhi, October 09 - October 12th , 2018, Page : P-071.
3. 61st DAE Solid State Physics Symposium, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, held on 26th Dec – 30th Dec, 2016 at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
4. International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering and Characterizations (IBMEC 2016), held on 28th Sep – 1st Oct, 2016 at Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), New Delhi.
5. 18th International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators (REI-18) held on 26th to 31st October, 2015 at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
6. 4th International Conference on “Current Developments in Atomic, Molecular Optical and Nano Physics with Applications” held On March 11th - 14th, 2015 at Department Of Physics And Astrophysics, University Of Delhi, India-110007.
1. 2017, International school on techniques for the characterization of irradiated materials, Versailles, France
2. 2015, International school on Simulation of ion beam irradiation, MNIT, Jaipur, India
To view my research publications, click below on my google scholar page :
# Advanced Diploma in Computer Application in CIST Computer Education, Bhubaneswar
Application known: SIMION 8.0 for Ion Optics Simulations, SRIM-TRIM for Ion surface interaction calculations, Iradina, AutoCAD, Origin 8.5, gnuplot, Mathematica 9.0, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Corel Draw 11, Microsoft Office 2016, MATLAB
Currently learning: LabView